Thursday, March 12, 2009

Jimhandy's Don’ts of Doing

Once upon a time there was a man named Jimhandy and that guy just happened to be me. I learned how to be a handy man the hard way and that was by the process of elimination. I have compiled a vast amount of information about mishaps, dilemmas and altercations. This is reverse technology and a “how not to do” booklet.

You will be a better person if you learn from my mistakes. In no particular order I will try to remember the errors of my way. We are talking fires and floods and theirs worse than that. If I could not find the hammer I would use a bat. What ever it took to make it work I was good at that.

I will be back tomorrow to fix it again; the problem is I don’t know when. I learned eventually never to say when and the regulars knew that’s what I meant. I had little control over my next encounter. I am going somewhere to do something and I “don’t know what it is, do I Misses Jones”. Even when I got there and figured it out there was another problem lingering about. If the job was supposed to take 5 minutes they were the worst.

Once I shut down the power, air-conditioner, water, or heat there was no escape and I never knew what to expect. I mean I did not have backup or someone that was capable of helping me and too many of my tomorrows were spent fixing yesterday’s mistakes

Thank You, Jim Raab http://www.jimhandy.blogspot.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment